Recovery of a Flooded Vehicle
If your car, truck or SUV went under water during the recent flood try these tips before you call it a total loss.
1) Open up the car and remove everything that doesn't take force to remove, spare tire, trunk mats, cabin filters, air filters and all covers under the hood.
2) If you can GENTLY remove your door panels do so as well as removing the sill protectors and trying to loosen the carpet.
3) Remove your fuse box covers.
4) If you have an air compressor start using it underneath the dash to help dry unseen problems.
5) Dry vac the seats before you put chemicals on them, keep fans or open air continually moving inside your car.
Information provided by Kurt Chase, car expert and host of The Automotive Edge Radio Show. For more information or help contact Kurt through his website TheAutomotiveEdge.com.